Conversations with Jubin: Leadership Presence and communication


Jubin has been my best conversation buddy. Often on her way to office she gives me a call and we talk about all things Random. During these discussions I am like a bumble bee and jump from one thought to the other. She is patient in trying to make sense of what I am saying and whenever I go overboard, she keeps me in check. I relish these opportunities to express in a relatively safe environment and her feedback has added to my awareness of how I am perceived and also enabled me to talk in a way that is easier to understand. 

Reinforcing this thought was the conversation I had with her today. For a change she talked and I listened (Well sort of ;) She had attended a Leadership communication program where she had two important personal takeaways:

1. Authentic Leadership Presence through Awareness: The whole idea of enhancing your presence by your Authentic self being present in a real Awareness of the surroundings, was very powerful. Long back I had also chanced upon an HBR tip on the same subject "Command Attention like an Executive".

2. Communicating in chunks of ideas: When you are delivering a talk or a presentation then there is an element of performance involved. Breaking down your content into chunks of ideas can facilitate that process. That way it becomes easier for you to pack in the right emotions and even facilitates the listener's comprehension.

Personal takeaway was that I can do things to be more aware of my surroundings and then deliver my messaging so that its easier on the audience ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disappointing IIM Chat with Rahul Gandhi in Singapore

Tond Reduction Contd . . .

Yet again an awesome Diwali :)